In 1986, the first MK Suki welcomed its customers for the first time at Central Plaza,
Ladprao Branch. As not so many restaurants had such a clear position to offer
suki menu at that time, the concept of MK restaurant was warmingly received by
customers. The introduction of sophisticated restaurant management techniques
and marketing strategies to run the business led the Company to consistently
expand new branches in both Bangkok and other provinces.
MK Restaurant Group Public Company
Limited (the “Company”) was incorporated on July
10, 1989, with an initial capital of Baht 1 million
to operate suki restaurants. Aside from this, the
Company started opening Japanese restaurants
under the “Yayoi” brand and trademark in 2006.
In October 2012, the Company operated two
more Japanese restaurants under two different
trademarks of “Hakata” and “Miyazaki”. The
Company also runs Thai restaurant business
under “Na Siam” and “Le Siam” trademarks as
well as a coffee shop and bakery outlet known
as “Le Petit.” Finally, we have our own training
institute to train qualified service personnel.
As of December 31, 2015, the Company
boasted 419 MK Suki restaurants (including
6 MK Gold restaurants); 140 Yayoi Japanese
restaurants; 3 Hakata Japanese restaurants; 22
Miyazaki Japanese restaurants; 4 Le Siam Thai
restaurants; 1 Na Siam Thai restaurant; and 3
Le Petit coffee shop and bakery nationwide.
The Company has also sold MK Suki franchise
to overseas operators in Japan, Vietnam and
Laos. In addition, a joint-venture company has
been set up to operate a restaurant business
- Master Franchise Agreement Signing
On March 26, 2015, the Company signed the Master Franchise Agreement
with Premium Food Company Limited (Lao PDR) to grant the right to open
and operate MK restaurants in the territory of the Lao People’s Democratic
- The Launch of “London Street”
On March 28, 2015, the Company launched the Community Food Mall
“London Street” including five brands: “MK Suki”, “Yayoi” Japanese restaurant,
“Miyazaki” Teppanyaki, “Le Siam” Thai restaurant and “Le Petit” Coffee shop
- Money and Banking Award 2015
On June 17, 2015, the Company has been
awarded “Best Public Companies of the Year
2015 – Agriculture and Food Industry” from
“Money & Banking Magazine”.
- New subsidiary "International Food Supply"
On August 11, 2015, the Meeting of the Board of Directors of
the Company passed a resolution to approve the incorporation of
International Food Supply Company Limited (“a subsidiary”) with
the registered share capital of Baht 100 million (10 million ordinary
shares at a par value of Baht 10 per share) being engaged in the
manufacture and distribution of foods. The Company holds 100%
interest in this new subsidiary.
- ESOP (M-WA)
On October 9, 2015, the Company registered the increase of its paid-up share capital
from Baht 907,084,600 to Baht 910,249,500 by issuing 3,164,900 new ordinary shares
with a par value of Baht 1 per share from the exercise of ESOP warrants (M-WA).
- Asean Excellent Enterprise & Businessman Award
On November 27, 2015, the Company has been awarded
“ASEAN Excellent Enterprise & Businessman” and “ASEAN Admired
Brand” from Vietnam Quality Association of Ho Chi Minh City.
- First MK Restaurant in Laos
On December 16, 2015, the first
MK restaurant and Miyazaki Teppanyaki
were opened in Vientiane, Laos.
- In March, 2014, the Company started the operation of new central kitchen which located on Bangna-Trad Road (Km.21), Bangchalong subdistrict, Bangplee district, Samutprakarn with the area of 18,000 sqm.
- On May 9, 2014, the Board of Director’s Meeting of the Company passed a resolution to increase the registered share capital of MK Interfood Co., Ltd. from the share from Baht 150 million to Baht 400 million (40 million ordinary shares, at Baht 10 per share) by issuing 25 million new ordinary shares with a par value of Baht 10 per share.
- In July 2014, the Company has been awarded “Best Public Companies of the Year 2014” from “Money & Banking Magazine”.
- On October 9, 2014, the Company registered the increase of its paid-up share capital from Baht 905,850,000 to Baht 907,081,100 by issuing 1,231,100 new ordinary shares with a par value of Baht 1 per share from the exercise of ESOP warrants (M-WA).
- In November 2014, the Company has been awarded “The Most Powerful Chained Restaurant Brand of Thailand” from the survey of 12,000 people by Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University.
- In November 2014, the Company has been awarded “ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR” from “Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2014” organized by Enterprise Asia Co., Ltd.
- On August 7, 2013, the Company allocated and issued 20,000,000 warrants to the management including the management in the director position and employees of the Company and/ or employees of the subsidiaries of the Company at free of charge (“ESOP” or “M-WA”). The exercise period is within 5 years commencing on August 7, 2013, and the warrants can be exercised to acquire the new ordinary shares of the Company for totaling 17 times. The warrants are first exercisable after 1 year since the date that the Company allotted and issued the warrants, with the first exercise date falling on September 30, 2014. The following exercise dates fall on the last working days of March, June, September and December and the last exercise date is August 6, 2018.
- During August 5 - 7, 2013, the Company offered 185,850,000 ordinary shares, with a par value of Baht 1 each, at a price of Baht 49 each through the Initial Public Offering. The Company registered the increase of its issued and paid-up share capital from Baht 720,000,000 (720,000,000 ordinary shares with a par value of Baht 1 each) to Baht 905,850,000 (905,850,000 ordinary shares with a par value of Baht 1 each) with the Ministry of Commerce on August 9, 2013, and the Stock Exchange of Thailand approved the 905,850,000 ordinary shares with a par value of Baht 1 each as listed securities for trading, effective from August 15, 2013. The Company incurred expenses relating to the share offering totaling Baht 135.8 million (net of income tax of Baht 33.9 million), which were presented as a deduction from the share premium.
- The Company has established the new Head Office building which located on Bangna-Trad Rd. (Km. 2.5) and has started operation partially in June 2013 and completely in December 2013
- On February 26, 2013, the Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Company passed a resolution to approve an additional investment in the share capital increase of Plenus and MK Pte. Ltd. in the proportion of the Company of SGD 3,500,000, which was paid on March 27, 2013. The registered share capital of that company increased to SGD 12,500,000 (12,500,000 ordinary shares of SGD 1 each), in which the Company’s shareholding remains at 50 percent of share capital. Such joint venture registered the change of its share capital on May 15, 2013.
- On January 3, 2013, the Extraordinary Meeting of Shareholders of the Company passed special resolutions as follows:
- To decrease the registered share capital of the Company from Baht 920,000,000 (920,000,000 ordinary shares, at Baht 1 per share) to Baht 720,000,000 (720,000,000 ordinary shares, at Baht 1 per share) in order to cut the registered shares that have not been issued or cannot be issued before the capital increase.
- To increase the registered share capital of the Company from Baht 720,000,000 to Baht 925,850,000 (925,850,000 ordinary shares, at Baht 1 per share) by issuing 205,850,000 new ordinary shares with a par value of Baht 1 per share. The Company registered the increase of its registered share capital with the Ministry of Commerce on January 8, 2013.